More and more, today's customers are seeking easy-to-use technologies that deliver need-to know information, enhance the entertainment experience and keep them connected while on the go. Beyond its new versatile packaging, the 2012 CR-V raises the in-vehicle experience with a number of sophisticated new and unique features you'll need to include in your delivery. When telling a customer about these features, make sure you are answering the magic question of “why should you care about this?:”
What to Say
intelligent Multi-Information Display (iMID)
Standard on all models, exclusive to Honda, is the 5-inch “intelligent” Multi-Information Display (i-MID) that offers a range of customizable features via fingertip controls on the steering wheel and touchscreen. For safety, your customers have the controls close by, and have an easy-to-read screen for quick navigation and monitoring.
What does it show:
- Average fuel economy and driving range.
- AM/FM radio selection. Music source information such as album artwork when connected to USB audio sources, and hands free telephone information.
- Furthermore, in the EXL model(XM is available on both the EX-L and Touring Model,), XM radio and turn by turn instructions on NAVI models (Only the Touring model comes with NAVI) are also displayed.
- User customized functions can be displayed on the screen, and favourite photographs can be set as wall paper.
- And more than anything, we have a Honda-first with the SMS Texting functionality.
Standard on all models, the Bluetooth®2 HandsFreeLink® phone interface offers intuitive hands-free calling convenience. Both hands are on the wheel so your customers can safely communicate when on-the-go.
Short Message Service (SMS) Text Message Capability
Standard on all models, a convenient SMS text messaging feature that can read incoming texts aloud and allow the CR-V’s driver to respond with six preset text messages. Again, affords a great ability to communicate when driving so your customers can stay in touch to work and life when on-the-go. Think about your customer’s way of life and how they use their cell and smartphones. This can be a life-changing feature!
Enhanced Audio Functionality
Depending on the model, customers can enjoy enhanced features including a USB audio interface, XM Satellite Radio, and wireless music streaming. Your customers don’t need to compromise utility for entertainment. Playlists transfer seamlessly and you can even see the album art on the i-MID screen.
Navigation System with Voice Recognition
Standard on the EXL, a satellite-linked navigation system that can be controlled via i-MID or voice command and includes driver attention enhancements. If your customer travels a lot or simply relies on maps to get them from point A to point B, this feature will be appreciated.
All models receive a multi-angle rearview camera—that provides 3 different views with the vehicle in reverse —visible on the intelligent Multi-Information Display (i-MID). It offers three views that can work for different utilities depending on the needs and lifestyle of a customer. For example, the close-up view is perfect for connecting trailers, or parallel parking.
What to Show:
- Remember the i-MID is exclusive to Honda. Say it proud! Show your customer how it works by bringing them through a scenario that works for them. For example, Claire’s teenage children will want to play their music. Show Claire how easy it is to sync and play. Seamless. Will show on the NAVI if equipped.
- Relay how integrated much of the advanced technology is to support performance and efficiency.
Claire: “The sedan is for everyday commuting: putting everybody in to go to dinner, shopping, airport runs, that type of thing. Now that the kids are grown and out of the house, it’s time to take advantage of a vehicle that’s more for the leisure activities that we really can enjoy again, and also that the kids will enjoy when they are home with friends.
Something to think about:
What would you ask Claire next? Could leisure activities include music? Would the text messaging help her work efficiently and help her kids communicate safely? Think about some questions you could ask Claire next and see how the CR-V could be a great choice for her and her family.